Saturday, March 14, 2009

another post! dang, I'm good :)

Today I had a very short but informative course. I enjoyed the class but I never really know what to do with credit/no credit courses. I try and do as much work and put as much effort into it as possible, but in the back of my mind I know that the course is pass or fail. It helps to keep me honest to take courses like this one because I remind myself to do my best so I'm a better teacher, not so that I get a grade. I'm a bit sad that the class was only two short sessions because I liked the instructor and the material was relevant. I suppose this is the nature of one unit classes.

Tonight I have a book club to go to which I am interested in, but I definitely did not finish the book. It was Elizabeth I by Allison Weir, a non-fiction biography. I loved the material of that book but reading the sucker was like pulling teeth! I finished about half the book. I take some comfort knowing that my mom also didn't get very far through the book and is currently watching the Elizabeth movie with Helen Mirin.

This week I've been working on my knit octopus. I'm very close to finishing and I'll post pictures a soon as it's done. Hopefully in a day or two :). I do have pictures of the brain slug I knit last week. The little guy is so cute! :):
I was pretty tired already and the brain slug didn't help

He got us both!

Oh! I do have some in-progress pictures of the octopus, but now it has many more legs:
Knitting helps me to reflect on things that are happening throughout the day. It gives me a time to digest new information and consider how I'll handle new situations. When I was reading the book in class to day it put people who knit during meetings in the middle, fairly negative, category. I have to agree with this - you should not knit when someone is instructing you or you are attending an arranged meeting. I have no problem with knitting when other people are around or even when talking with another person. This is only appropriate, though, when you are casually conversing, not when someone is telling you a problem or you are discussing something that requires your full attention. I know a lot of knitters would disagree with this but this is my opinion based on observations and my attitudes on etiquette.

No comments:

Post a Comment